The Terry Clarke Daily (March 19, 1015) is out!
Today is International Women’s Day! Celebrate Ladies Worldwide, While Remembering the Millions Victimized and Marginalized.
Today is one of the most important, and frequently ignored, “international” holidays in the world. I am proud that my daughter’s birth country, Kazakhstan (with whom she shares dual citizenship) has made International Women’s Day a national holiday.
- http://www.polarisproject.org/ (a personal favorite NPO battling human-traffiking)
- http://www.unicef.org/emerg/files/women_insecure_world.pdf (another personal favorite site from UNICEF-“Women in an Insecure World)
- https://www.facebook.com/ForcedMarriageProject (Forced Marriage Opposition Group)
- http://www.refugees.org/resources/for-lawyers/human-trafficking-resources/human-trafficking-links.html (extensive collection of links to excellent resources related to human trafficking and other activities that degrade and victimize women)
- http://www.icl-fi.org/print/english/esp/58/sextraffic.html (US and UN Crusade against “Sex Trafficking”)
The Terry Clarke Daily (February 25, 2015) is out!
Please click on the link below for today's edition. As always, please provide any comments on any of the articles, photos and videos, and let me know other subjects you would like to see Included in future editions. Thanks to everyone who has previously suggested content for inclusion.
Time is running out on a continued “free” Internet
It was just a matter of time in a capitalistic world–How long could a service (connection to the Internet) remain free when so many high dollar investors have been salivating for years for their share of profits from a slice of the Internet pie? Now that nearly every person in the world has become addicted to the Internet to manage their daily lives, it is only fitting that the deep pockets are now swooping in to ensure that every one connected to the Internet pay for their Internet service. Pick an adage: “If it seems to good to be true. It is.” There is no such thing as a free lunch.” And on and on and on . . . .
The publication, The Nation, has issued a warning that global citizens had better act fast if they wish the Internet to remain free–actually very fast, as in 5 days fast, as discussed in the article linked below.
The folks who run blog.startpage.com have also begun an ad campaign advocating everyone interested in keeping the Internet free post the image below. I would be interested in hearing differing views on where people stand regarding Internet “freedom.” If you don’t mind sharing your position publicly, please provide your position in the comments section of this post.
UN watchdog group condemns United States for human rights record.
It is very disappointing to see what the rest of the world thinks of our human rights practices when we condemn so many nations for their alleged poor human rights records. The article linked below paints a bleak picture of the U.S.’s “post racial” society.
FRIDAY, AUG 29, 2014 02:36 PM EDT A UN watchdog released a report on racism in the U.S. and we are not doing well
“When it comes to human rights, the United States must practice at home what it preaches abroad.”